Sports Nutrition: Eat to Compete
Whether you are a sprinter, a marathon runner, a Judoka or a gymnast, the right nutrition will allow you to compete at your very best.
High energy levels, optimal gains from training, improved general health and accelerated recovery are all benefits associated with well - chosen nutritional practices. So, if you aspire to reach your potential as an athlete, it is advisable that you take control of your nutrition and put in place sustainable strategies that will allow you to take advantage of these benefits.
In this course, join Jeanette Kwakye, Olympic 100m finalist and Professor L.C Cameron as they explore the impact nutrition has on an athlete’s preparation. What’s more they will also share their top tips and insights on how to take control of your own nutrition and integrate proven strategies in your daily routine.
In this course you will learn;
- Why consistency and organization are key to your success
- What are the key characteristics of a diet fit for someone that participates in a power based sport.
- The 5 things you should consider when fueling for an endurance event
- How nutrition can aid in accelerating recovery
- What considerations need to be made when recovering from injury
This course will take 30-45 minutes to complete. Once you have completed this course, please visit the dedicated community space to interact and share your insights with athletes and coaches from around the world.
If you would like more nutrition content, be sure to check out our other course ‘Smarter Eating for better performance’ delivered by Prof Ron Maughan.Start lesson 1