Crossing The Line: Tackling Manipulation of Competitions
SUBTITLES AVAILABLE – SOUS-TITRES DISPONIBLES – SUBTÍTULOS DISPONIBLES – LEGENDAS DISPONÍVEIS
Why take this course?
Reputations shattered, lengthy bans, medals stripped and jail time are just some of the punishments linked with being found guilty of manipulating competition.
Manipulating competition, whether it be through betting or match fixing presents a serious threat to the integrity of sport. If we are to keep sport clean, fair and enjoyable for all we MUST tackle this threat – and tackle it together.
In this course, three time Olympic Swimming Champion and strong advocate for fair play, Anthony Ervin describes what manipulation of competition is, how it’s damaging our sport and how we, the sporting community can help prevent the actions of a few destroying everything that’s good about sport.
Is this course for me?
It doesn’t matter whether you are an athlete, a coach or a member of the coaching team, each of you has a role to play in preventing competition manipulation.
What will I learn?
- What manipulation of competition is
- What motivates people to cheat
- What the consequences are
- How you can be part of the solution
This course will take approximately 45 minutes to complete. Afterwards, why not explore the recommended reading section, additional courses and how about join the discussions with fellow athletes and coaches in the dedicated community space.
- Gold- Crossing the line- Tackling manipulation in Sport
- Silver - Crossing the line
- Bronze - Crossing the line- Tackling manipulation in Sport
Receive your certificate of achievement by winning gold
- Get Bronze for watching all course videos
- Earn Silver by completing all course tasks
- Win Gold for getting 100% in the quiz